Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Tease of the First Collection

All photos from Gudrun Sjoden's Web site.

The week trudges along dragging its feet through the rain-soaked streets of my town while I hole myself up in my office designing page after page of jewelry. After three very interrupted work days I feel I'm closing in on the final sketch and will soon be ordering a treasure trove of goodies that have never graced my workbench before.


There will be silks and feathers; there will be rhinestones and glue; and there will be faux suede. Is your mind at work with the possibilities? Mine is. Of course, don't count out the fact that there will be plenty of beads, charms and chain worked into Petite Minx's very first collection -- a true body of work fit for an artist's portfolio.

The photos above will give you a sense of the inspiration that has shaped my designs for the collection. And soon I should have sketches and samples to post. Until then ...

0 comments: