Friday, April 3, 2009

Restocking Thousand Words; Going on Inspiration Vacation

This evening I'll be restocking Thousand Words Photography (Ruston, La.) with some of my latest jewelry that includes silks, wooden pendants, shells and earthy-hued micro fiber "suede". Tonight is the inaugural First Fridays downtown art crawl in Ruston, and I'll be at Thousand Words for a while meeting and greeting crawlers.

So, perhaps you're wondering what the photos in this post have to do with anything I'm writing about. As usual I've been scouring the Web for inspiration and found some beachy/summery-themed pics that are getting me amped for my vacation to Myrle Beach, SC, next weekend.

These photos are also giving me ideas for more jewelry, some that will be one-of-a kinds, which I'll make available through the Petite Minx Web shop. The pictures beg me to ask the question, "What kind of jewelry do I want to wear to the beach, during the summer or while on vacation?"

Early next week and while I'm away that will be a question I'll repeatedly ponder as I sketch new designs whilst sitting at the beach under a large billowy umbrella. I can't wait to feel the warm oceanic breezes and hot sand between my toes and also doing some shopping at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. I'm so looking forward to perusing through Anthropologie and Pottery Barn, two of my favorites that I've never stepped foot in once before.

I'll be sure to post pictures of my vacation and my sketches here in the next couple of weeks.

1 comments:

Sirpa Kaajakari said...

I love the photos... Beautiful. Have a good vacation!