Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tales of a Beach Vacation


I'm back from my vacation and though I'm slightly under the weather I am invigorated by the brief change of scenery.

Cherry Grove Beach - two blocks from where we stayed - a few miles from Myrtle Beach.

I took lots of photos and ate copious servings of Thai food. Walks on the beach were punctuated by sea shell hunting (some of the shells will be used in upcoming one-of-a-kind necklaces!) and the chilling high gusts of wind made the water too frigid for wading.

Drinking ginger and cinnamon tea, waiting for a plate of pot stickers. Yum yum. Trey is pictured in the background.

Admittedly it wasn't the best weather for lounging at the beach so I did plenty of perusing under the cover of clouds at outdoor shopping markets.

Market Commons - an upscale outdoor shopping venue. My favorite place
I shopped at on the trip.


Inside Antrhopologie. Love, love, loved their merchandising.

The last night we were in Myrtle Beach my hubby, Trey, and I went to see Le Grand Cirque at the Palace Theatre. The show was quite similar to Cirque du Soleil. At first Trey tried to act all macho like he wasn't planning to enjoy it, but once he saw the amazing displays of strength and death-defying stunts he perked up. He didn't actually admit to loving the show but I know he did:)

Inside Antrhopologie

Now I'm easing back into my day-to-day routines getting some freelance work squared away before I dive headfirst back into Petite Minx. First objective -- fill the Etsy shop.

0 comments: