Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Beads, Freelancing and My Playlist


I'm so excited to have gotten three packages in the mail yesterday evening. Two bundles were full of beads that are so gorgeous I have to keep touching them. I am itching to get started making more jewelry for my booth at the La. Peach Festival.

Beads, beads, glorious wooden beads

The other package had a book in it that I've been hired to edit. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be asked to do this by the writer. It's a huge honor, and it's something that I truly enjoy doing. I'm a nerd. I know.

This is a small fraction of the bead shipment I received in preparation for my booth at the Louisiana Peach Festival.

Some of you may be wondering why anyone would ask me to edit a book. Jewelry is only one of my loves. I'm also a writer. My previous job was as a reporter for a daily newspaper. That's how I had the pleasure of meeting the writer of the book. One day I got a press release about it and the next I was sitting in a coffee shop interviewing this fascinating individual. All in all, I ended up writing three articles about her and her book.

I'll certainly be busy this week. Here's a list of the music I'll be listening to.
* Jeremy Larson
* Death Cab for Cutie
* Paramour
* Sufjan Stevens
* The Shins

2 comments:

... said...

I love asymmetric necklaces! I love the colors! this is a fun summery necklace that will go with any dress! I'm a big fan of your items! it's so tempting to splurge on etsy!

Kate8085 said...

The wooden beads are gorgeous, I love light blue/teal color.