Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I Adore Thursday

The day we've all been waiting for is here. The winner of the free pair of earrings will be announced. Read on. But first, check out the Things I Adore this Thursday.

I HEART:

* The idea of twinkle lights above the bed. As a poor college student, I made a "headboard" over my humble bunk -- a box spring and mattress -- with colorful lights. It made the perfect light for reading in bed, and made the room all ambient and cozy.

* This Prada ad and its monochromatic color scheme.

* The desk of the writer of Creature Comforts, one of my favorite blogs.

* The chandelier in this photo. I wanted soooo badly to buy it from Z Gallerie when I moved into my house a year ago. But the chandelier above my dinner table is far more in keeping with the style of the house. I hang my head. My shoulders slump. I dream of a loft in Austin, Tx.

And now, I'm pleased to announce that the winner of the drawing is KATY! Woohoo! Somewhere streamers are falling and a kid is playing a kazoo.

Thanks to all of you who participated and voted on the poll.

XO
Monica

3 comments:

katy said...

hurrah! that's wonderful

katy said...

hey! i just posted in my blog about winning the giveaway, you should check it out when you get a chance! ^.^
http://scrapingheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/05/high-fives-lady-luck.html

Ishkabibbles said...

That was fun. I think you ust inspired me to do a giveaway too.