Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Cottage Industry

These are all of the promo materials I designed this weekend.

Yeesh! I've taken the A-Z small business crash course this week, and it's only Tuesday night. Between merchant accounts, banking, inventory and brand imaging, it's all about tying the loose ends into pretty little bows now. The Louisiana Peach Festival craft show begins this Saturday, and while I'm nearly as prepared as I can be, at this point I wish I could crank out more jewelry ... just for added measure.

Remnants of a paper banner.

The shop banner, which I'm hand making, is almost complete. In retrospect, I wish I would have spent the 50 odd dollars to have a small one made, but -eh- craft and learn. In the process of making the banner, I've been stabbed rather violently by angry fabric pins, have had a grommet setting debacle that stretched into a three-day event and experienced a snafu at my local printer's shop. And now that I've painted the "Petite Minx" on the banner, with two handfuls of letters left to paint, my fingers are going on strike and are refusing to work.

Check back soon for the craft show banner tutorial.

4 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I love your promo items!! They are adorable! :)

Jessica Marie said...

ooh.. great promo items!

i love the Royal Tenenbaums as well.. it's probably one of my fav wes anderson movies :D

Becca said...

Pretty!!! good luck with the festival! I love the mailing list :)

Pixel Wild Child said...

Keep up the good and hard work, it will pay off, I'm sure! ;O)