Sunday, August 16, 2009

Changes Occur


If I have seemed absent lately it's because my life as I've known it for the past seven months has changed quite a bit. A little more than a week ago my former editor, from the newspaper I previously worked at, asked me to come back to work. This was the second request. I took that as a hint from the universe and decided to just go with it.

So, now I've been reinstated to my former arts and entertainment reporting self. I'm happy to be back to work, seeing lots of old friends and colleagues and getting swept up again in my love for writing and interviewing people. Let me reiterate -- I do love it -- tremendously so.


But to be frank, I can be quite a shy and awkward individual at times. So having a job that forces me to be around people and talking to plenty of strangers is part blessing and part distressing. Most people who know me would probably disagree with my self-analysis, thinking that I'm an outright confident extrovert, but I usually hide my character quirks well.

Do note that this will not affect my dedication or attention to the Petite Minx shop.

Unrelated & Exciting: Recently a lovely acquaintance of mine posted an interview about me and Petite Minx on her blog, Exquisite Event Planning. Stop by, and don't hesitate to comment. She loves meeting new people and is such a sweetheart. ♥

3 comments:

Tambria said...

Thanks, Monica! You're so sweet! We appreciate everything you've done for us. We wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Dionne said...

Oh how exciting to be back doing something you love? Why did you leave in the first place?

I know how you feel. A lot of people think I am an outright extrovert too, but I need my alone time - I need to recharge. I am not an extrovert 24/7.

Pixel Wild Child said...

I really like the way you describe yourself, I understand it perfectly... actually I think we are probably similar on that! ;O)

Happy to see you are back to the job you love