Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Trip to Natchitoches, La.

Smoochies! This is the only pic of Trey and I together on our anniversary trip. Me thinks Trey rather likes playing to the camera.

The foods, the sights, the sounds and the shopping in Natchitoches, La., is first-rate southern style at its best. Trey and I drove in mid-morning on Saturday and spent the entire day exploring. Lunch at Mamma's Oyster House, crawfish etouffee, was Ah-mazing.

(As a side note to all of you who know me, yes, this vegan broke down and ate things I'd normally shun. Hey, it was either eat or starve.)

I had no idea before I arrived that Natchitoches was so quaint. It's like a mini (very mini) and clean New Orleans just two hours from home.

Trey and I took a carriage ride through the downtown area and learned about historic homes and buildings, including the locations where the movie Steel Magnolias was filmed. We also visited the Magnolia Plantation, participated in an art exhibit openening and had sushi (very good, at that) for dinner.

Our stay at the Samuel Guy House bed and breakfast was nice, but the highlight of our accomodations was the lip-smackin' delishious complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning.

Check out more pictures of our stay in Natchitoches on my Flickr page.

4 comments:

Dionne said...

Sounds like the best time! That is soo cool how you checked out the locations from Steel Magnolias. What a lovely little getaway, complete with a carriage ride! I love it!

ANd I checked out your flickr, the dining room is so pretty!

Kate8085 said...

So glad you had fun!
I am so jealous you were snacking on some crawfish etouffee!

BellaColle' said...

Congrats!! I hope you guys have many more years together!!
..oh your trip looks like it was soo much fun!
XO
~Christine

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved the pics. I was just telling Frank I want to go stay at a B&B there for the weekend