Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Relics of the Past

A building in downtown Arcadia, La.

Rummaging through files of old photos the other day, I came across little gems of fond memories from years ago. Trey, the hubs, and I used to be avid antique and vintage items hunters.

These are the interiors of a couple antique shops in downtown Arcadia.

Maybe it was a phase because we sure haven't done that in a while. Currently, we're in a "purge it" phase. Want to come to our yard sale?

More antique shop interiors.

Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to post some old photos (blogged long ago) of one of our antique hunts in Arcadia, La., infamously known as the town where Bonny and Clyde were shot down in 1934 by police officers.

These pics were taken at Bonny and Clyde Trade Days.

There is a monthly flea market, Bonny and Clyde Trade Days, that draws quite a weekend crowd. People actually travel from all over the place in their RV's and camp on grounds near the flea market.

Quaint. Yes?

The 1920s and 30s were, to me, such a fascinating period in American history. Just yesterday I went to see Public Enemies. Ah, the costumes, the music, the love story. Très romantique.

4 comments:

Dionne said...

The 1920's fascinate me too. I hosted a 1920's theme Murder Mystery party, and everyone came dressed in all the 20's outfits. There were 30 of us, and I found a 1920's mansion in Hollywood with a secret staircase that I rented for the party. Everyone had taken Charleston dance lessons before the party, so everyone danced like they did in the 20's at the party. It was awesome.

I love these antique store interiors! Those bright lime green steps are awesome, and I sooo want that typewriter!

b said...

Hey! Public enemies was filmed in part only twenty min. South from me!!! Hey.. I'd love to come to ur yard sale..but.. Hey, show some pics of what ur selling so maybe some of us could scoop up some treasures via cyber space!!lol
Xo
Christine

{oc cottage} said...

Yes!

m ^..^

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Check out my blog when you have a chance! :) I just wrote about you today!