Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things I Adore Thursday: Kate Sutton Illustrations

All images by Kate Sutton.

For seven years I was formally trained in fine art, and I've been drawing since I was four. I can capture the likeness of practically anything or anyone. Nevertheless, I wish I had an inkling of the creativity of Kate Sutton, the illustrator who has created many (if not all?) of the posters for the Renegade Craft Fair and makes the cutest whatnot's from plushies and stationery to band aids and buttons.

by Kate Sutton

I am deeply enamored with illustration. It stems from childhood, I know. I would stare for what seemed like hours at the drawings in my favorite childhood books.

by Kate Sutton

If you like Sutton's work, too, check out her Pirate Bird plushie tutorial. These little guys, as seen in her work above, are so cute I'm planning on making some for myself and for my dogs. And I think they'd make great gifts, especially for a baby or small child.

6 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

Oh my gosh, so folksy and fun! What a wonderful post! Thanks honey!

Dionne said...

Oh these are absolutely adorable! So cute! You've just recruited Kate a new fan!

RCaitlin said...

So true! I'm just like you...I've been trained and can copy almost anything perfectly onto paper but I am not very creative at all!

M.M.E. said...

those are such great illustrations! thanks for sharing them! you have a great blog here. nice to meet someone who appreciates artwork.

Ink Obsession Designs said...

These are fantastic!!! :)

cabin + cub said...

love her illustration style.. so cute and whimsical! ;)